Friday, April 15, 2011

Mauritius Shrimp Kebabs with Ginger Turmeric Glaze - Page 495

Has anyone tried this?  We are going to try it for dinner tonight with Steve and Audrey and J&A and Sophia.  Grammy is here visiting so she will join in the fun too! 

It was good but if I make it again, I'll cut the veggies and pineapple into smaller pieces like the book suggests.  Contrary to what the recipe calls for, I would not use skewers next time.  I cooked about half on skewers and the other half just in the veggie basket.  The basket was better.  It was easier to get the various pieces cooked evenly.  You have to watch it though or the shrimp will get overcooked.  I ended up taking most of the shrimp out of the basket and cooking right on the grill top.   the other thing I would change is I would follow the recipe more closely.  It just didn't seem to have enough flavor and I think that may be because I was careless in measuring the marinade ingredients.

Having said all of that, it was still yummy and everyone ate a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment