Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Salsa Contest

Our Latin American somethingorother group here at JCI is having a Salsa cooking contest.  I looked at Raichelin's recipes which looked ok but if anyone out there has one they particularly like - please post and I will enter.  Keep in mind that I have fresh garlic, Jalapeno, Habanero and Cayenne peppers and tomatoes in the garden so something that uses some or all of that would be fun.  I cannot imagine how hot salsa would be that used all three peppers.   

1 comment:

  1. So my favorite salsa is Mango Salsa:

    1/2 red onion diced as small as you can stand to dice with out mincing.

    1 Mango diced into small cubes. I recommend cutting it in half (acknowledging there is a pit) leaving the skin on. Use your knive to score it into the squares. Then turn it inside out and slices off the cubes.

    1 or 2 jalepenos diced teeny

    the juice of two limes (heavily juicing them)

    Add Kosher salt and lime till it tastes good -

    and add more jalepeno if it does not have the desired kick

    ReplyDelete