Friday, January 7, 2011

Caveman T-Bones with Hellfire Hot Sauce (p. 151)
















Hi Everyone!

The layout of this post is a bit mysterious to me, so apologies if it comes out strangely. We made the caveman t-bones the other night for dinner. This is the recipe that involves sticking the steaks directly on to the charcoal. None of this wimpy grate business. After the steak comes off ("shaking each to dislodge any embers") you stick a cast iron pan into the coals and make an awesome sauce of jalapenos, garlic, and cilantro. Jess, being Jess, substituted half habaneros, but strangely it wasn't burn your mouth of hot, just deliciously spicy.

The whole dish turned out really great, and it looked so cool in the making! My favorite part was the peppers and cilantro sizzling in the cast iron pan (see the picture above).

Also be sure to notice Jess wielding the steak like a caveman, and Tennie desperately hoping he drops it!

The whole project sounds like fun, I can't wait to hear what everyone else makes. Thanks again to Mom and Dad!

Ellie

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures but I want one of the steaks on the coals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Dad, in our lameness we didn't get that picture. I love the one of the cast iron pan on the coals though! I guess we'll just have to make it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the cast iron picture too!! I am going to try making the caveman steaks on our fire pit. I'll get Aunt Kathie to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete