Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary instead of Mint from Kenya Page 207

We used the butterflied leg of lamb cooked on indirect heat rather than bone in on the spit.  I also substituted rosemary for the mint in the rub and it was excellent.  Em had made pear ginger chutney which was really good.  Highly recommended.

Mrs. Grill'n adds:  For Christmas, Jack and Andrea found a Barbecue Cookbook by the same author as Planet Barbecue, but this one features only sauces, rubs, and marinades that are good for grilling.  The chutney I used was from page 271, Ginger-Pear Chutney.  I skipped the raisins, and would say that the walnuts are also not crucial.  It is quite hot, and doesn't need to be quite that hot, so unless you love heat in your food, dial down the hot pepper flakes and chili powder.  The lemon gets candied and is delicious.

1 comment:

  1. The chutney was fantastic! I disagree about cooling it down, the spicy and sweet combo made it tingle your tongue but not too much!

    Make sure the lemon is cut into small pieces. Mom would know better than I, but I think about candy corn size?

    ReplyDelete