Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowy success

In the driving blizzard, we fired up the grill. I used the "ice scraper" method of removing most of the snow, instead of the "by hand" method recommended in the video from Dad's post. I also used the lesser known "melting method" where you put the top of the grill on, once the fire is hot, and let the last 3" of snow melt.

I also discovered, which I share for general knowledge, that Eddy Bauer catalogs do not burn hot enough to start natural charcoals But the Boston Globe works just fine. Plenty of hot air...

We successfully made pork chops (not from the book), without all of the charcoal falling through the grate. Audrey loved the pork chops, and has determined we are going to become the experts on grilled bread.

Rob is coming to town for the weekend, and we are all headed to Dartmouth for a grilling adventure.

Here are two pictures Audrey took from assembling and lighting the grill the 1st day. I can't get the snow pictures off my phone, but if I figure out how, I will add them too.

1 comment:

  1. Steve - there is a setting where you can register your mobile device and it then allows you to post from there so you could upload your phone pictures. Click around in the administrative functions "Settings" or some such nonsense and you will find it.

    ReplyDelete